Upstart detectives Sherlock Holmes and Dr. Watson are on their first case. Their client, a young H.G. Wells, has hired the novice detectives to find a manuscript by Arthur Conan Doyle. Hiding from their angry landlord, Holmes and Watson duck into Wells’s time machine, push a few buttons, and soon find themselves in the 21st century. They end up at the Freudly Institute, where they meet Marilyn Monroe, George Washington, Tarzan, Emily Dickinson, Count Dracula, Lizzie Borden, and Queen Victoria. Actually, these are patients at the institution with grandiose delusions that they are these famous characters, which explains why Holmes is treated like just another patient! And they think Watson is his doctor who’s just “playing along”!
When the body of an unknown victim is found on the grounds of the institute, Holmes sets out to uncover the clues, while trying to prove that he is the real Sherlock Holmes.
With many levels of depth and humor, this clever mystery has a lot of fun with a Sherlock quite reminiscent of the character in the recent popular movies.
- Audition location: Spotlight Acting School, 214 Richmond Road, Berea, KY (Inside the Spotlight Playhouse)
- Audition date: May 13th at 1:30 pm
- Rehearsals will be at 1:30 pm on Saturdays until dress week.
- Open to ages 14-18 (age waivers possible for younger students)
- No prior acting experience required
- Cold reading and following directions are part of the audition process
- Monologues are welcome but not mandatory
- Standard tuition: $85/month (discounts and financial aid available)
- Rehearsals accommodate summer vacations and camps
- Performances: September 1-3
- For more information contact Chad Hembree at [email protected] or 859-661-0600