Spotlight Acting School, situated in Berea, KY, is set to hold auditions for the exciting new production of Mean Girls JR on September 30 at 10:00 am. This vibrant musical, featuring the handiwork of book writer Tina Fey, lyricist Nell Benjamin, and composer Jeff Richmond, is brimming with sharp wit, a catchy score, and a profound message for all. The storyline revolves around Cady Heron, an innocent newcomer, who finds herself in a vicious suburban jungle, Illinois. With the goal of dismantling the reign of the fearsome trio, The Plastics, Cady goes undercover and battles to maintain her true identity.
Those considering auditioning should be aware of the following:
- The auditions are open to actors aged 14-18.
- Auditionees need not be current enrollees of Spotlight Acting School.
- All students within the designated age bracket will be granted roles.
- Age waivers can be extended to younger students, however, roles are not guaranteed.
- Rehearsals will be on Saturdays (10:00 am – 11:30 am) until February 24
- Rehearsals begin Oct. 14.
- There are no rehearsals Nov. 25, Dec. 23 & 30.
- The play is scheduled for performances from March 1-3.
- No prior acting experience is required for auditions.
- The audition process will entail singing a solo and quickly learning a dance routine. Any song, even as simple as “Happy Birthday”, is acceptable.
- Monologues are optional.
- The standard tuition fee is $85 per month before discounts or financial aid.
- Financial assistance options are available; no student will be rejected due to lack of funds.
For additional information, please contact the school at 859-661-0600 or via email at [email protected].